To that end, we invite you to commit to reading a diverse book over spring break.
What's a "diverse book"? While there are many possible definitions, in this case, we are asking you to read a book that gives you insights into people, circumstances, or worldviews different from those you are familiar with.
The book can be fiction or nonfiction, short or long, any genre or form.
Here's how to participate in the Spring Break Diverse Book Challenge:
1. Choose a book to read over break. (Looking for ideas? Try our Diverse Fiction Browser, a quick and easy way to browse diverse novels/graphic novels/short stories that are available in our library.)
2. Sign up using this Google form.
3. Go away, have a wonderful spring break, and read your book!
4. When you're back on campus, come to one of two sharing sessions. Be ready to give a quick, informal synopsis of your book and share what you learned from it.
- Sharing Session #1: Tuesday, March 22, X Block, Library Commons
- Sharing Session #2: Friday, March 25, X Block, Library Commons
(Can't make either of these? Sign up anyway; we'll figure something out.)
Those who sign up and participate in a sharing session will enjoy food, beverages, and the chance to win a $25 gift card to Better World Books.
Everyone in the NMH community is invited to participate.
Please be in touch if you have any questions. Happy reading!